Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eh, I didn't Want that Job anyway...


Received another reject-letter today, this time from an academic library, and all I can say is that when times are different and I am king it would be wise for anyone in HR to run for the hills. You are the salt of the earth or will be after I am through with you. What is it about such a system that smells of Sauron's bureacracy? Too obscure? Okay, General Amin's welcome committee?

Maybe it is like retail--no one really wants to be there, you just sort of end up there, and well, the drinking begins. The difference is that in retail one is helpful. All HR departments seem to do is weed people out, and this begs the question--what qualifies such unlettered dolts to make such decisions for other departments? Got to be honest, I've met a fair number of HR types, and while they are great about relaying news about insurance meetings and reminding me about paid-holidays, they have never, once, known jack about my job or what it entailed. Retail? I've worked it so I know, but even your angriest, bored high schooler can point one toward the right section of a shop.


SO, HRs wherever you are, ite et coite sese (if you'll pardon my Latin).

3 comments:

meteowrite said...

Whew!! Note to self: not enough just to read Jim posts in the feed-reader. Must got to actual blog to see the pictures that may be there. Two gems!! Both here and on Diaper-Fistful!! Happy Non-Employment!!

Jim Tschen Emmons said...

Thanks Marigold! Yeah, I think the picture sort of says it all, you know? ;-) Life sans full-time employment has been, so far, quite nice, though I must say it does take getting used to. Et vous?

jean said...

Hear, hear! Congrats on your stay at home-ship! I've been scheming of ways to join your ranks. Bedazzled cozies of all kinds might be my ticket into this work from home world.

PS. Screw 'em. They probably serve crappy coffee in their break room.
PPS. Love the photo.
PPPS. Is Marigold no longer full-time employed?