It's Friday, the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend, and I am watching yet another Will Ferrill adventure. This week, thanks to the arrival of various in-laws (is it me or is that a stupid term? Never mind), we saw three "new" movies--"Blades of Glory," "Dodgeball," and "300." Neither Lai nor I can remember the last movie we saw in a theater--even before the baby news we were so busy that we just didn't see movies the way we used to. And see them we did way back when.
I think part of it is that we lived in southern/central California; you just see more movies when you live in a movie culture. And sure, we like our artsy stuff, our thoughtful flicks, etc., but sometimes you just need Will and Sacha Cohen exchanging one-liners. I find it particularly valuable as I must go to work tomorrow. I'm expecting yet another boorish offspring of some illiterate plutocrat to visit me tomorrow and somehow thinking about a nacho fountain (six cheeses), men's pairs in ice-skating, adults playing dodgeball, and the fact that our culture loves few things so well as someone paid outrageous sums of money to pretend to be other people takes a bit of the sting out of the darker side of library work.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment